The meeting with a commercial counsellor

On an afternoon in May, in 2014, at the International Airport of Uganda, I had a conversation with Mr. Ouyang Daobing (欧阳道冰), the Chinese commercial counsellor to Uganda, who was there to receive his daughter and nephew. He was quite sociable with a smiling face. After a short questioning about my purpose of working in Uganda, he asked me if I had ever enjoyed any period of happy life. I told him that I had actually suffered from a crisis on 10th May, 2008, just one day before the Wen Chuan Earthquake took place, when I shared the news with more than 200 students of mine and all my colleagues.On hearing this, he had a twist in his expression, looking like dumbfounded. Then he put on airs leaning backwards, and challenged me with one more prediction about China. I told him there would happen an economic crisis from 2015 to 2017, with the culmination in July, in 2016. "What are the results of the economic crisis?" he continued. "There will be a devaluation of RMB along with the stock market collapsing." I said, and added "It is the inheritance and property taxes that would deteriorate the crisis and even explode it."



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory about Chinese medicine

The Chinese Hatred

My prediction about the future in 2022