I am not a gold-brick

When my director took a walk with us around the campus where I work, he asked me if I had taught everything that I knew to my students, obviously doubting my loyalty to my job. I did not answer him directly, but drew his attention to himself by asking him how he, as a child, loved the food cooked by his own mother.

He said "Very much" without any hesitation. I continued to ask him if he had ever complained about the home-made dishes with requests for a king's cuisine. He said "No" smilingly, seemingly guessing my plan.

I explained that was my case. If my students had asked me for a king's service without a king-sized pay, there was nothing more than normal teaching that I could supply them with.

The same kind of story had happened again when a friend of mine grumbled about my meanness. He complained that I seldom treated him. I, as a return, asked him why he had never remitted some money to me but a net friend, with whom he was together for no more than six months rather than ten years that we spent. He was shocked at my reply.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory about Chinese medicine

The Chinese Hatred

My prediction about the future in 2022