Being an "Over"

We are chinesized Uigur-Deutsh Moslem people, living in Ning-xia Hui Autonomous Region of China, a municipality in the west of the country. We were said to be the Aryan that Nazi Germany had been looking for in World War II. It has taken me many years to find out our origin, mainly through the linguistic analysis and comparison of our colloquial vocabulary. Due to the compulsory chinesization under the authority of Ming Dynasty, there are only few words inherited in our daily speeches. The German "Nein" is the most popular word, and widely used, while "Jawohl" is less favored. Not until recently when I heard "over" from a colleague of mine did I realize the word is both used in English and our language. However, "over" sounds like a person unwanted to our ears. It is so offensive that only one's elders are allowed to abuse some youngster with it. This word also reminded me of a fellow who had drunken alkohol before Angela Merkel and Hillary Clinton, whom I called "over". It shocked the big shots as well as me that afternoon when the colleague failed to say "That's all for today" in English.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory about Chinese medicine

The Chinese Hatred

My prediction about the future in 2022