Americans

It seems to me that Americans care about gossip more than their own fame. This feeling comes from my experiences with some travellers and teachers I have ever met. They bothered me with questions about my attitude toward their people and country. Certain requirements were so aggressive that even got me anguished.

The first challenge, also the most boring one, is "Do you like Americans?" I feel hopeless with this desperate beginning of any conversation that I might come across somewhere. If I were your God or President, I would answer it with "Yes" or "No".

In case they are not satisfied with this result, they would continue with a second one: "Do you hate me?" How stupid it is to disturb this way, why do I have to do it since I would never meet you again?

Your standpoint appears to be so important in their judgement of themselves. They do not pay attention to the influence thay they could leave to their listeners.

In 2014, at the airport of Dubai, I met such an American bore that caused me a stomachache with his blabbering. He was reading a very thick book when I took a seat on a bench across his in order to read a newspaper. Out of reason, he suddenly started a conversation with "Excuse me." The following ask-and-answer just turned out to be a show of this cowboy's arrogance. He raised his head high like an aristocrat visting Asia. He taxed my patience until it wore out. I asked him questions but he answered me with only "I don't know." He refused to talk about Hilary Clinton and her plan to be President of USA. When I asked him who Hillary Clinton is, he put on air and repeated "I don't know." Finally he left me alone, but he called a policeman to check on me. The Arabian guard said the American guy had claimed me to be a drugger.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory about Chinese medicine

The Chinese Hatred

My prediction about the future in 2022