My Duschman father

My father is Ui-ui or Uigur, and so am I. Moreover, we are the direct descendants of the female Dutch who were seized to China as prisoners of war by the Mongolian Army about 800 years ago, when the crusaders rushed to the Middle East for a war with the local muslims. And so, out of prank, I call my father Duschman as my people would do in case they are somehow annoyed with a family member. Duschman is Dutchman in English, and pronounced as it is spelt: Do-sch-man.

My father knows the difference between the Chinese and us, but he is afraid to admit it. His worry comes from the assimilation policy of the past and present Chinese Authorities, who deny the origin of my people from Uigur. They want us to assimilate into Chinese completely.

My father was a member of the Communist Party of China. Though proud of being one, he unconsciously taught us, his children to speak his own language. One of the words that has confused me of its origin is "Klimasa", which is wet weather, and used as the word of quickly in an abstract way. It turned out to be Germanic rather than Uigur when I found its prototype in German, which is Klima, meaning climate.

My father grew up under the influence of the Chinese culture revolution starting from 1966 to 1976, when China went crazy with extremism and terrorism. He is always complaining of me, warning that I might get in danger to talk about politics. Whenever I am annoyed with his commands, I would answer back, convincing him that my interests have nothing to do with politics, but economics. In this case, he would say economics is dangerous to talk about, because it has something to do with politics. The talk about the coming economic crisis from 2005 to 2007 infuriated my father. It almost brought our relation to an end.

My father can not speak any foreign language, not even mandarin. The mixed language that my people speak is the only one that he masters.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory about Chinese medicine

The Chinese Hatred

My prediction about the future in 2022